Colder temperatures have arrived in Lexington, and furnaces are firing up throughout the city. It’s an unfortunate reality that some home and business owners will face furnace issues this season. If you are met with furnace problems this season, you may need to decide which is the better choice for your heating needs: repairing your furnace or replacing it?
Repair furnace vs. replace furnace
This can be an expensive decision no matter which way you go. If you choose to replace your broken furnace, you may be faced with the larger upfront costs of purchasing new equipment. On the other hand, if you choose to repair it, you may be pouring money into a furnace that’s going to need replacement soon anyhow.
Only you can decide which approach is best for your situation, but below are some tips to help you make an informed decision.
Consider repairing your furnace if…
• Your furnace is under 10 years old and has been well-maintained.
• You still have applicable warranty protection for the furnace issues you are experiencing.
• The cost of repairs is less than a third of the cost of a new system.
• Your furnace is still efficiently heating your home or business.
Consider replacing your furnace if…
• Your furnace is around 10 to 15 years old but has been poorly maintained.
• Your system is 15 or more years old.
• You have had to repair your furnace often over the last few heating seasons.
• Repairs will cost more than one-third of the price of a new heating system.
• Your current system is not sized properly for your home or business.
Climate Control strives to assist our customers in making affordable and smart choices for their homes and businesses. If you are having trouble deciding whether or not furnace repair or furnace replacement is best for you, give us a call. We’ll give you an honest estimate of the cost to fix your current system, and give you the pros and cons of repair or replacement so you can make the best choice for your situation.
Climate Control is available to assist you in making needed repairs to your furnace or by helping you choose the best furnace upgrade for your situation. Contact us today to learn more.