Having your home emit strange smells is embarrassing and potentially dangerous! For residents in Lexington and surrounding areas, Climate Control will find the source of smells and offer solutions to make your home smell fresh and clean. We also offer preventative steps to ensure your AC doesn’t have odors in the future.
Prevent Smells Beforehand
Proper maintenance of your HVAC system can prevent odors from developing and circulating throughout your home. Climate Control offers affordable services to keep HVAC components clean and healthy. Below are the most common areas that breed odors and how to prevent those odors from developing:
- Clean ducts means there is no debris or dust to build up in the future, causing odors.
- Evaporator Coils
- With Climate Control’s coil cleaning service, the efficiency of your AC unit improves as caked on contaminants are removed, eliminating odors and facilitating proper heat exchange.
- Air Filter
- Filters are responsible for trapping contaminants, removing them from your indoor air supply. Changing your filter reduces the chances of bacteria causing odors in your home and mold growth.
- Mold or Mildew:
- Mold on evaporator coils is caused from dirt or dust that gathers from the condensation on your coils. This breeds mildew, mold, and other bacteria.
- The condensate drain line supposed to catch and expel condensation from the evaporator coils but if it gets clogged, bacteria and mold can grow quickly.
- Burning Smell:
- A motor overheating is usually followed by a burning smell, which is a warning that you should turn your AC off and contact a professional for diagnosis and repair before using the system again.
Climate Control’s NATE-certified HVAC contractors are knowledgeable when it comes to any smells related to your air conditioning system. Don’t continue living in a home with awful smells – call us today and let us help you!