Dirty air ducts can cause indoor air quality problems in Lexington homes. Air duct maintenance is essential to boost air quality, enhance the energy efficiency of your HVAC systems, and keep your energy costs low.
Why are Clean Air Ducts so Important
The ventilation system in your HVAC system is responsible for circulating cool and warm air throughout your home. There are many contaminants that can gather in your home’s ducts, such as:
- Hair and dander from pets
- Smoke embedded in the air filter
- Mold and mildew growth
- Debris, dirt, and dust from outside and inside your home
- Dirty air filter or bent air filter dropped into your ductwork
If your air ducts are clogged in any way, it could make your HVAC system work harder to keep your home comfortable. Working harder wears down the system faster and expends more energy. This can cause increased breakdowns and much more costly repairs over time.
What are the Benefits of Clean Air Ducts
There are several benefits to keeping your air ducts clean.
- Increased energy savings
- Reduced HVAC repair costs
- Cleaner smelling air
- Consistent temperatures
- Improved airflow through your entire home
- Improved indoor air quality, which makes your home healthier
- Smoother operation of your system
How to Keep your Air Ducts Clean
In addition to air duct cleaning, preventative HVAC system maintenance done annually can help increase your indoor air quality, such as:
- Air filters that are high efficiency
- Change filters regularly
- Have evaporator coils cleaned by a professional
- Use a humidifier to reduce the chance of mold or mildew growth
It’s time to make a change in your indoor air quality and performance of your HVAC system. Climate Control is ready to provide you with professionals that can clean your ducts and offer you healthy indoor air. Call us today and schedule service!