1. Perform HVAC Load CalculationBe sure to have a properly sized HVAC system installed in your Lexington home. A system that is too large or too small will cause countless problems when heating or cooling your Lexington home. A system that is too large for your home will continually shut off as it reaches temperatures too fast. This causes wear and tear on the system and excess moisture in the air. Likewise, a system that is too small will run constantly and fail to properly heat or cool your home. Therefore, having an HVAC load calculation performed will guarantee the best size for optimal performance of your system. Contact Climate Control of Lexington to schedule an HVAC inspection on your current system.
2. Change Air FiltersDirt can wreak havoc on a heating and air conditioning system. Changing air filters is among the easiest HVAC home preventative maintenance procedures you can complete. Always follow the manufactures specific requirement for your particular HVAC system. Additionally, some homeowners find it helpful to put a reminder on their phone or calendar to change out filters systematically. Forgetting to change your air filters can lead to expensive repairs and damage to your system.
3. Don’t Overwork Your HVAC SystemOverworking your HVAC system on an extremely hot or cold day can cause damage to the system. Set your thermostat to a reasonable temperature or have a programmable thermostat installed. A programmable thermostat can be scheduled to run less while you are away at work or on vacation. Then, as you return home, your system can be scheduled to cool or heat your home to the desired temperature right before you arrive.
4. Perform HVAC Seasonal MaintenanceHaving seasonal maintenance performed by a licensed HVAC technician is one of the best ways to extend the life of your system and prevent unexpected breakdowns. An HVAC certified technician who performs seasonal maintenance will keep your system running its best. Early servicing saves time and money for customers and avoids costly repairs. Furthermore, during a seasonal servicing, your system will be thoroughly cleaned and checked for possible problems before they turn into costly repairs.
5. Purchase an Extended WarrantyMost of all, an extended warranty provides peace of mind. Many extended warranties offer discounts and priority service to their customers. As your system ages, an extended warranty can go a long way to further the life of your system through preventative service. Climate Control in Lexington has an excellent HVAC extended warranty plan that gives long-term savings and protection.
Buying an new HVAC system is one of the most expensive replacement costs within your home. Being able to extend your system and keep it running at peak performance saves both time and money. There are many simple steps you can take to extend the life of your system and prevent unnecessary wear and tear. Contact Climate Control in Lexington, a locally owned and operated HVAC company that prides itself on meeting customer needs for new or older systems.