Your New Lexington Home’s HVAC SystemsHeating & Cooling
If you’re new to the Lexington area, welcome! We know you’re going to love it here as much as we do. As you settle in to your new space, we recommend you get to know your new home’s heating and air conditioning systems – here are some do’s and don’ts which will help you familiarize yourself with your new equipment, and establish a comfortable environment within your new home.
Do’s for your new home’s HVAC systems
- Do look for service records. Maintenance plays a significant role in boosting performance and longevity of heating and cooling equipment. If you find the previous owner did not stick to a regular maintenance schedule, you’ll want to have preventative maintenance service performed for your heating and air conditioning systems before you use them.
- Do connect with a local HVAC contractor. There are many heating and air pros in our area, so talk to your neighbors or look to online reviews and select a few companies to contact. Finding a contractor you can trust in your new area will give you someone to turn to in the event of a heating or cooling emergency, as well as a resource to help you improve conditions within your new home now.
- Do replace your air filter. Find the filter compartment near your air handler and remove the old filter. Write down the dimensions so you can purchase the correct replacement size. Don’t put this step off – if your home was vacant prior to your purchase, the filter may be old and clogged with contaminants.
Don’ts for your new home’s HVAC systems
- Don’t play HVAC contractor with your new home’s systems. If you don’t have the knowledge or skill, you could do more harm than good. If you suspect a problem with your new systems, contact a local professional for assistance.
- Don’t blindly trust your home inspection. Your home inspector may have not identified important issues which could lead to comfort problems or breakdowns. Schedule an inspection with an HVAC contractor who can fully evaluate your new home’s systems, clear them for use, and establish a plan to tackle needed repairs if necessary.
Climate Control has been a fixture in the Lexington community for nearly 50 years – let us welcome you to the neighborhood by providing you with quality heating, cooling, geothermal, and indoor air quality installation, service, and maintenance for your new home’s systems. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Save on your next service
Contact Us Today
Contact Us Today
The Climate Control
on call 24 hours a day,
7 days a week for any
- 20% discount on all repairs and accessories!
- Priority service
- No overtime charges
- Appointments scheduled at your convenience
- All parts are backed by a 1-year guarantee