I Have a Leaking Lexington Furnace!Heating & Cooling
Were you shocked to see what appears to be a puddle around your furnace? Water leaks of any kind are quite alarming to homeowners, but most don’t expect their furnaces to leak! In fact, leaking can occur due to a furnace problem – here’s how:
High efficiency furnaces have exhaust systems which cool – the cooling process can produce a lot of condensation. As more heat is extracted from the gases used over more time than a standard furnace, these gases will start to condense. In a well-functioning system, this condensation drains through tubing in the unit.
If that drain system has malfunctioned, you may see standing water below your high efficiency furnace. Malfunctions can be cracks in the tubing, or even clogs.
High efficiency furnaces often share internal drains with the home’s air conditioning system. Clogs in that drain can cause water to back up around the base of the furnace. Think back to summertime – did you have water issues while running the cooling system? If so, the same issue could be to blame for your furnace leak.
Other issues can cause what appears to be water leaks from the furnace:
- Cracked heat exchangers can allow combustion gases to leak from the furnace, which may pool below the furnace. In such a case, the heat exchanger must be fixed or replaced to eliminate leaking gases.
- If a leak in the home’s water line occurs near the furnace, it may appear like the furnace is to blame. Check the lines nearby and look for water damage which may point to an issue with the home’s plumbing system.
If your furnace appears to be leaking, call Climate Control right away. Our NATE-certified heating technicians will find the source of the problem and repair it right away to prevent extensive water damage in your Lexington home.
Save on your next service
Contact Us Today
Contact Us Today
The Climate Control
on call 24 hours a day,
7 days a week for any
- 10% discount on all service work!
- Priority service
- No overtime charges
- Appointments scheduled at your convenience
- All parts are backed by a 1-year guarantee