Heating Rebates & Tax Credits in Kentucky
Frigid Kentucky temperatures require a durable heating system. However, if your heater is older, faulty, or inefficient, consider upgrading to an efficient heater and access federal tax credits up to $3,200 for savings to warm up to.
Serving the Bluegrass for over 55 years, Climate Control provides comprehensive HVAC services, 24/7 emergency repairs, and same-day service. Our knowledgeable staff can help with your tax credit incentives, which we will explore below.
Energy Efficiency Tax Credits for Homeowners
Whether you are installing a new or replacement heating system, federal tax rebates are available through the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act, Duke Energy, and other programs.
Energy-efficient heating systems are smart investments that practically pay for themselves. Aside from new manufacturer’s warranties, we include a parts and labor warranty, while rebates cover up to 30% of purchase and installation costs.
Claim your HVAC tax rebate when filing your federal tax return between 2023 to 2032. Credits total vary based on the appliance. For example, heat pump credits are up to $2,000, while boiler credits are up to $600.
When filing your return:
- Have your manufacturer’s certification statement and installation records.
- Download and fill out IRS Form 5695. You can claim multiple credits for more than one home improvement upgrade, but the limit is $3,200.
- Speak to a tax professional for the maximum eligible refund each year.
Other tax rebates and their eligibility requirements include:
Duke Energy Smart Saver Incentive
The HVAC tax credits are for heat pumps and central air with SEER 14 or higher and geothermal heat pumps with EER 10.5 or higher with ECM fans with their indoor units.
Energy Improvement Kentucky State Tax Credit
Receive 30% back for up to $500 for eligible water heaters, furnaces, heat pumps, boilers, and central air conditioning.
Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
Receive $100 for each SEER that is above the minimum high-efficiency standard.
Applicable systems for the HVAC tax rebates are for residential homes with purchase dates from 1/1/23 to 12/31/32.
Qualifying systems include:
- Boilers: It must have AFUE 95% or higher and Energy-Star certification with 20% of the fuel biodiesel, second-generation biofuels, or renewable diesel for 30% of installation costs up to $600.
- Central air systems: This applies to split systems with SEER2 at 16 and higher for 30% tax credits up to $600.
- Fuel stoves: They must have a thermal efficiency rating of 75% to receive 30% of the installation costs up to $2,000.
- Heat pumps: They must have SEER2 16 or higher, EER2 12 or higher, and HSPF2 9 or higher for 30% of installation costs up to $2,000.
- Natural gas and oil furnaces: Gas furnaces must have AFUE of 97% or higher, while both must have ENERGY STAR® certification. Oil furnaces must have approval for 20% fuel biodiesel, second-generation biofuels, or renewable diesel. Eligible purchases can receive up to 30% of installation costs up to $600.
Our Discounted Maintenance Plan
While upgrading your heating system, keep repair and heating costs low with regular heating maintenance, which keeps your system working optimally.
For less than $1 a day, our Climate Control Care Plan includes three system inspections and cleanings each year, 20% repair discounts, and other exclusive perks!
Schedule Heating Installation With Climate Control
With efficient HVAC tax incentives, access tax credits up to $3,200 annually. Talk to a Climate Control Heating & Air Conditioning specialist now about your home energy improvement project.
With online savings and flexible financing, rely on us for transparent pricing, written estimates, and maximum savings!
Save on your next service
Contact Us Today
Contact Us Today
The Climate Control
on call 24 hours a day,
7 days a week for any
- 20% discount on all repairs and accessories!
- Priority service
- No overtime charges
- Appointments scheduled at your convenience
- All parts are backed by a 1-year guarantee