Is Your Lexington Home A Sick Building?Indoor Air Quality
Cold and flu season has arrived, have you been affected yet? Illness can seem to hit a Lexington household, making everyone sick at the same time. While it’s easy to pass these illnesses off as a simple cold or other infection, the source may not be what you think.
Homes can become sick, too, just like their occupants. Sick building syndrome occurs when indoor conditions are unhealthy. Factors that contribute to sick building syndrome include poor ventilation and contaminants. A sick building will negatively impact the health of those inside, and contributing factors need to be addressed right away.
Sick building symptoms
Sick buildings create sick people; the symptoms resemble those of the common cold or flu, but the symptoms will last months, or reoccur often. They include:
• Sinus and throat irritation
• Dry skin
• Poor concentration
If you notice your symptoms are stronger while at home and are alleviated once you leave, your home may be the cause of your ailments.
How HVAC keeps you healthy
Your home’s HVAC system plays a large role in keeping your family healthy. When designed and operating properly, they filter contaminants from your indoor air supply and provide adequate ventilation to allow pollutants to exit your living areas.
If you believe sick building syndrome could be causing your family to feel ill, the following HVAC solutions will remedy the issues impacting your home.
• Ventilation:When homes aren’t properly ventilated, contaminants are trapped inside. Adding a ventilation system, such as energy recovery ventilation, will allow contaminants to escape the home without wasting your heating energy or affecting your comfort during winter months.
• Air purification: To eliminate harmful contaminants which cause sick building symptoms, utilize an air purifier as well as a high-efficiency furnace filter. Your HVAC professional will determine which contaminants are prevalent in your home and inform you of which purification system or filtration solution will best target them.
For quality HVAC solutions to remedy sick building syndrome in your Lexington home, contact Climate Control today.
Save on your next service
Contact Us Today
Contact Us Today
The Climate Control
on call 24 hours a day,
7 days a week for any
- 20% discount on all repairs and accessories!
- Priority service
- No overtime charges
- Appointments scheduled at your convenience
- All parts are backed by a 1-year guarantee