Fire Up Your Lexington Heating System Now to Avoid Future TroubleHeating & Cooling
With mild temperatures in Lexington, you’re probably not thinking about turning on your heating system just yet. While you may not need to use it yet for comfort, you should take it for a test run now before colder weather moves in.
On the first cold fall day, so many Lexington homeowners find themselves without heat. Their furnaces don’t start, their boilers aren’t cycling correctly, and numerous other problems are discovered after a long period of no use.
Avoid being trapped in this situation, without heat and waiting on your service call. Fire up your Lexington heating system today to uncover any problems which require correction.
- Clear the area around your heating equipment. Sweep away dust, cobwebs, and other matter. Remove any products stored near the heater, and make sure flammable materials are stored several feet away.
- Open your windows. Firing up your heating system for the first time in the fall can result in the smell of dust burning off system components. Opening your windows can ventilate your home, removing that smell. It should only last for a short while, but if it lasts or if you notice it when you begin to use your system continually, service may be necessary.
- Turn on your heating system and allow it to run for a minimum of ten minutes. Listen closely for strange noises from the system, such as when it begins or finishes a heating cycle or while it is running. Make sure the system starts and stops without issue.
Along with your heating system test run, make sure your thermostat, smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors are operating correctly. Test the systems and replace batteries if needed.
Did your heating system test run turn up problems? Climate Control will inspect your system to discover the cause of the malfunction, and perform the needed repairs before the beginning of the heating season – call us today to schedule service.
Save on your next service
Contact Us Today
Contact Us Today
The Climate Control
on call 24 hours a day,
7 days a week for any
- 10% discount on all service work!
- Priority service
- No overtime charges
- Appointments scheduled at your convenience
- All parts are backed by a 1-year guarantee